How to increase your website visitors by 1000% percent
After spending a good hour looking at the facts and figures outlined on Google Analytics, we identified pages on our website that had higher bounce rates than others. In fairness, most of our website pages rank very highly with Google and people stay on our website for more than 5 minutes on average. This is a great achievement for a website in professional services marketing.
However, as a company we can always do better and as our website is our number one lead generator, it is imperative that we continually improve it's content, functionality and lead generation capabilities.
To get started, we:
1. Asked the last 5 inquiries on our website, how they found their experience on our website. Largely this was all good, however, they found one or two pages that could have been worded differently.
2. Identified pages that had higher bounce rates, and re-wrote these pages with keywords in mind.
3. Utilised our content management system to add new meta tags to each page that had high bounce rates.
4. Added more pictures to help 'tell the story' of Marketing Eye and what we deliver.
5. Provided more reasons for visitors to come back to our site and visit again like adding more webinars, seminars etc.
6. Increased the positioning on select 'trigger' buttons to ensure that they are easy to find.
7. Made changes to our contact us page to cater for a changing visitor base.
8. Changed our home page content (ever so slightly)
9. Added more links to other pages
10. Added more offers and reasons to connect with Marketing Eye.
If you have a spare couple of hours today, check out the Google Analytics Report on your company website and identify ways you can improve your website performance.
P.S. If you like this marketing blog, then please feel free to share it on whatever social network medium you see fit. We love facebook, twitter and linkedin!