Marketing is a fickle industry. In Australia, there are so many marketing jobs on offer and not enough quality marketers available. A marketing shortage if you would like, not dissimilar to what we have seen in the technology sector.
That worries me no end as I have to sit back and think about what we are going to do in the future to attract the best marketers for our company. Our desire to achieve marketing excellence and be thought leaders in every way, causes a lot of extra pressure that we need to learn how to deal with.
The people who work in the offices where I do not always sit, have the biggest job of all - and the greatest expectations that are placed on them. They are custodians of our brand in the market they work.
I can't begin to tell you what an important role that is. Every interaction with every person is a representation of our brand in the market. It is with their voice and presentation, that our brand is communicated even before they open their mouths.
It's easy to play when the boss is away, but its the true leaders of the future that take this moment in time as an opportunity to really show their capabilities and where they fit in the world of your company.
People who know how to be proactive, are self-starters and have a goal in mind, tend to be those who are successful and reach the heights of their career.
It's establishing the right mix, and the right employee DNA that often is the biggest challenge for entrepreneurs. Working remotely can be a huge advantage for employees with the confidence to back their own skills and show off their accomplishments.
The question is what are good traits of someone that is the custodian of your brand in a new market?
- Can-do approach
- Hardworking and ambitious
- Show's integrity and isn't afraid to roll up their sleeves
- Is honest and respects the brand and its leaders
- Doesn't give up
- Values are aligned to the company
- Can communicate effectively what they need to do their job well
What else would you add?
- She runs an international
- marketing consultancy firm
- that provides small businesses with a marketing
- consultant and in-house team of creative, web development and PR experts. Marketing Eye serves small
- businesses looking for marketing support and management in Atlanta,
- New York marketing company
- Sydney marketing consultants
- Melbourne marketing consultants