Organising a Marketing Strategy Workshop
A marketing strategy workshop is a space for collaboration. Ideas are constructed, analysis is undertaken and critical decision making is implemented. Members from various departments can come together and understand how marketing influences their outcomes. This allows for more innovative and effective solutions.
Since workshops only happen occasionally be sure to take advantage of them to show the rest of the company just how important marketing is to success. This is your one chance to effectively demonstrate the impact of marketing on all departments of the business.
It is vital to be prepared for your marketing workshop. It is extremely unprofessional to present an incompetent or thoughtless strategy session. Your attendees want to be assured that their time is not being wasted, are their efforts will be converted into something constructive.
Here are some of our tips for preparing a marketing strategy workshop
Tip 1: Provide attendees with an agenda so that they know what to expect during the course of the marketing strategy workshop.
- Make sure that your framework covers everything from business and sales goals through to marketing objectives, brand, SWOT, unique value proposition, website and various marketing tactics.
- Identify your key messages so you don’t forget to include them as part of the workshop
- For a simple way to facilitate a marketing workshop, use technology that helps prompt you to ask the right questions but also gives you a report within minutes to hand out to the team participating in the workshop.
Tip 2: Get the team excited for the session by using impactful videos or promotional products
- Team Building exercises will get attendees more comfortable in working with one another
- Think of ways to make the experience memorable so attendees look forward to coming back every year
- Choose a space that stimulates creativity
Tip 3: Use technology as part of the facilitation process; we use Robotic Marketer so that we not only have the questions to ask in front of us, but we also have a strategy developed by the end of the session!
- You can also hire a professional marketing strategy workshop facilitator: professional facilitators are great in engaging crowds and are capable of answering any questions that may arise.
- Doing it yourself has its benefits too: it’s an opportunity for you to upskill, practice team engagement and build rapport with your fellow team members.
Tip 4: Set reminders for the team so that the when, where, and why are clearly understood.
- Don’t give people excuses to turn up late
- Show respect for your audience’s time by starting on time and finishing on-time
- Have short breaks to allow your attendees to reset and regain focus
Tip 5: Have a positive mindset – remind everyone that this workshop is not only going to be exciting & fun, but also critical to business growth
- People are more engaged when they know they will get a result from the workshop: so using platforms like Robotic Marketer won’t give you extra work but will give the stakeholders the ‘benefits’ from the workshop
- Have courage in yourself and your expertise, and remind yourself that this session is beneficial to the success of the company
By having a checklist in place and getting your team fired up, your marketing strategy workshop is likely to be a success. This invigorating exercise will help your business to achieve new goals while also strengthening employee relations.
Innovative marketing strategy consultants use Robotic Marketer for automatic results for their workshops. To utilise this unmatched marketing tool enquire here:
Image Source: shutterstock_1250156530