Best ways to market your business in 2021
- Better in-house customer experience: As a marketing agency, we have always had decent offices (other than the first few years where we were basically in a box), but now we own our own real estate its time to step it up. So we engaged Moran Property Styling, a group of interior designers in Melbourne to freshen up our in-house customer and prospect experience. We have gone with Scandanavian design elements, timber floors from Floorset Prahran and the luxurious natural stone benches (for desks) from Pietra Gallery. The results are guaranteed to please any prospect or customer visiting our office.
- Refresh website: Like many companies that have been around for a long time, we have invested in updating our website as it became quite clunky. Sometimes it's best to start from scratch and other times, when you have a big website with highly ranked pages, it's best to update. Our customer experience on our website needs to be second to none and we have embarked on ensuring that each and every page is about the experience the user is having with our brand.
- Search engine optimisation: Last year, we got busy and didn't invest as much as we should have on SEO. Then we made some changes and search engines took a while to set in. What we know to work needs a facelift. Like mechanics, we are the last to work on our own marketing business. Our team is updating meta tags and meta titles as well as enhancing the website through content.
- Adwords: While competition is fierce for keywords, when you really want to make an impact and drive customers to your website, it is imperative that you invest. It costs more but if done correctly, it will reap dividends.
- Email marketing campaigns: Regular email marketing communications to our database is key to improving brand awareness, engaging with the small business market, and driving traffic to our sales teams.
- Public relations: It's fairly simple to write up a media release and distribute it. The trick is to ensure that it is newsworthy and presented to the right journalists. Getting a few articles in the media can be very influential in getting clients to a professional services firm especially.
- Social media calendar: Marketing Eye is an influencer on social media, but we haven't been as active as we have been in previous years.
- Content marketing: Blogs are very good for so many reasons. It brings a connection to you and your audience and creates loyalty.
- Posters: We have an office that is street facing and therefore the perfect opportunity to use posters and signage as a way for passing traffic to see our brand. Thousands of people go past every day, and its an opportunity we are missing.
- Podcasts: Our podcasts on marketing and entrepreneurship have gotten a lot of traction. It's easy for people to engage with your brand and thought leadership when they are sitting in their offices or on the run.
All of these tactics are high impact and designed to increase brand awareness across our Australian offices in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane for outsourced marketing services and marketing consulting. They are easy to implement and are part of a broader marketing strategy which we developed through using Robotic Marketer technology. The tech company uses smart technology to better understand your market, customers and competitors, developing tactics that really work for your business. Visit www.roboticmarketer.com to find out more.