Life is to be lived, only by your own standards - not someone else's
For many of us, we have kicked some goals in 2017, but didn't quite stick to our New Years' Resolutions. If you are constantly on the improve, and wanting to grow as an individual, and in your careers or business, you know that you have to work out what is stopping you from reaching your full potential.
There are many things that hold us back;
- Self-sabotage: Wanting to reach for the stars, but making sure that we don't through excuses, or blocking our own path
- Challenges: Thinking we are up for the challenge and saying those words out loud, but being terrified when a challenge hits our path to the point where we run back to where we started
- Self-doubt: Not believing in our selves enough
- Doubting our team: Wanting to kick goals, but being uncertain whether or not your team is a) with you b) up for the ride c) willing to bring something to the table
- Life: We have goals yet with life happening around us like families, weddings, birthdays, celebrations, festive season etc - the time never seems to be right
- Procrastination: One of the biggest issues that entrepreneurs and careered professionals have is procrastination. You can think about it as much as you like, but if you don't do it, then why bother wasting time thinking. It's energy that you can spend elsewhere.
- Being afraid: I'm afraid of success, afraid of failure, afraid of my own measures, afraid I am not good enough, afraid that I will never make it, afraid that something will fall apart. This crippling feeling of being afraid is a huge obstacle to overcome. Don't let being afraid be the one thing that holds you back.
I can't imagine what it is like to live another life. I have been somewhat of a free spirit, only constrained by my own choices for so many years and now more so than ever, I am faced with the prospect of taking off those constraints and opening up a whole new world.
2018, like 2017, is a year of change, evolution and being open to everything and anything. I want more than anything to take myself further out of my comfort zone, and never sit still. I tried the ladder and it bored me, yet taught me so much more about myself.
Life is to be lived, only by your own standards - not someone else's.