Why employee morale will be even more important post Lockdown
We have worked with a 'living environment' specialist by hiring Stonnington styling company, Moran Property Styling, to assist with our new office fit-out. Our specifications to her were quite simple:
- We want an office environment conducive to success
- It needs to be inviting and stylish
- There needs to be COVID friendly distance between all desks
- We want a modern office that enhances our heritage building
- Employees need to "love" being in the office and exploring its surrounds
- Productivity is key to the success of the renovation and fit-out
- As a shop front environment, it needs to sell the Marketing Eye brand when people are looking in
Stacey Moran then set to develop a mood board that brought in everything that we wanted to have in our new office fit-out, as well as exploring new techniques and designs that will keep our new marketing office environment relevant and stylish for years to come.
Some of the obstacles that she had to overcome are the heritage listing of the property and ensuring that the integrity of its history is brought to life with modern elements that fit the Marketing Eye brand.
Immediately she wanted to warm up the place as due to its positioning it can be quite cold and that plays a huge part in electricity bills and employee comfort. The decision to get rid of concrete polished floors and replace them with timber flooring from Floorset Group in Malvern Road, South Yarra was the most important part of creating a warm feel.
I was passionate about natural stone and really wanted that luxurious feel to our marketing agency. Stacey embarked on finding the perfect wholesaler for natural stone who had very large slabs of products able to provide the necessary length and width for desks that were 7 metres long. We collaborated and decided after advice from Pietra Gallery, the supplier of natural stone to our South Yarra office that a grey Tundra was the perfect complement to the area.
This choice was more affordable than first thought because it was bought directly from the wholesaler and we made most of our inquiries through their website (www.pietragallery.com.au) which has this virtual tour of their stone and tile warehouse.
Side tables, new chairs, lighting, and new rugs are all part of the selection of furnishings that Moran Property Styling provided advice and selection on but what does this mean for our employees?
- Employees love beautiful environments as much as you.
- With more light space and a variety of working environments, they are able to be more productive
- Collaboration is key to marketing success and ensuring that the office provides for this is paramount
- Employees want to feel proud of where they work and how their environment looks are all part of that
- Clean, minimalistic environments make for a clear head
- Being in marketing, having an Instagram worthy office is key
We are looking forward to really giving our team the best possible work environment so that they have something to look forward to each day. Part of that is investing in our office fit-out and ensuring that employees have something to come back to that they are looking forward to post lockdown conducive to a happy, healthy work environment.