How to connect with 7000 potential clients - B2B marketing
The question I pose to you is "how did you find this blog?" and "how do you now know the Marketing Eye brand?"
I know the answer - do you?
And there is a reason - time.
Entrepreneurs don't have the TIME to sit on social media nor do they see the value in hiring someone to do such a mundane task. Instead they choose to engage in social media in spits and spurts, then you won't hear from them again until they are sitting in some airport waiting for a flight or a little bored on a Sunday afternoon.
With two main accounts on LinkedIn accounting for 7,000 connections, Marketing Eye shares with people who are connected to our brand everything from our company blogs through to achievements and our company culture. Sometimes we just share what we are doing although I don't think we have gotten to a #selfie stage as yet - not to say that may not one day come.
Just through LinkedIn, there is no reason not to send an email out to 100% of our connections whether they be prospects, clients, employees, former employees or other marketers and competitors. Obviously blank standardised emails don't work, but if you segregate your target audience and write something that they want to hear, then you will be sure to make an impact.
What you can do today to help generate more leads via LinkedIn:
- Start networking: connect with people that are already in your network and ask those of whom you are connected with to connect you with people they share links to.
- Search: If you have a Premium account, you will have the ability to search for prospects and then send them an Inmail or ask someone that shares a connection to introduce you.
- Groups: Comment on groups and share discussions and blogs with as many relevant groups as possible. You will be surprised at how effective this is and how your brand will catapult to a whole new level just through this interaction.
- Stay active: Don't let social media fall to the wayside. Put aside 10 minutes a day to connect with people, share your point of view, engage and importantly compliment those who are key influencers in your network.
- Connect with Twitter: LinkedIn allows you to share on Twitter - use it and ABUSE it!
- Set up a company page: Make sure you set up a company page and place links on your websites for people to follow. Company pages often fall flat because they are not updated with relevant and unique posts - so make sure you keep this top of mind.
- Publish articles that communicate your ability to be a thought leader and innovator.