Has POSITIVITY gone out the door?
It's hard to shake it when a negative spiral heads your way, but if you identify it early, it can mean the difference between whether you smile today or not. And we all know how good it is to smile.
I have the most amazing circle of friends and largely they are a positive bunch, but as is human nature, things don't always go to plan. In fact, not only do they not go to plan, they come down in 3's so if you are on your 2nd, then you know that the 3rd one isn't too far away. The first time you hear about their woes, you are sympathetic. The second, you listen but by the third, its almost time to move it on. You know the 3rd is coming, so be brave, and take it on. Then look around and answer it with kindness and understanding.
If you are having a bad day, then let's not make it worse. Let's look on the bright side of life. It's a new financial year tomorrow, a new beginning for many and a way we can all start afresh.
If you are an entrepreneur like me - I have been frantically working this week and there has not been enough hours in the day. Clients however, have been amazing. I really have the best clients any marketing company can hope to have. They are all real. They work hard and have mostly had enough experiences as entrepreneurs to shed some light on what they are doing and to be open to new and exciting ways to market their businesses.
"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade", as the saying goes.
Some tips to get some positive vibes going on;
1. Think about a funny story. The last time you laughed so much you cried. I am sure this will make you smile.
2. Practice turning negative thoughts into positive ones. Focus on the positive, not the negative.
3. Meditate - if all else fails, clearing your mind will do wonders.
4. Slow down your responses and think of other ways to handle situations that is 'softer' and 'more compassionate' - not a reaction to you having a bad day.
5. Have a glass of wine with friends! Your friends might make you laugh with their stories (however, if they are having a bad day - steer away!!! Two people having bad days is disaster!)
P.S. If you like this marketing blog, then please feel free to share it on whatever social network medium you see fit. We love facebook, twitter and linkedin!