What I'm going to do on my birthday
Life is short, and if we don't spend every moment maximising our experiences in life, we may just find ourselves wading in a pool of water with nowhere to go.
I've always felt privileged to be living the life I do; the ups and downs included. What the downs teach me, is more than those fleeting moments of being up - and eventually we all find a middle ground, or at least we hope we do.
The past year has singularly been the best. No noise, just a rhythm that is both exciting and full of contentment. I could not have asked for more. While my business life goes from strength to strength, my personal life is somehow incredibly in-tune, but a hell of a lot more private than ever before.
I have kept my cards so close to my chest, and for once it feels a lot more special and meaningful than ever before. It is all mine - and I am grateful for every single moment.
A few friends have passed in the last year, and with that, I think a lot of my friends have been reflecting. What is important? What isn't? Where to from here? What's the best way forward?
This birthday, I am going to:
- Wake up in a beautiful hotel room with a lot to be thankful for
- Spend my day in New York, one of the most exhilarating cities in the world
- Walk the streets, and go for a run in Central Park
- Dine with people that mean the world to me
- Have fun, and I am sure a few surprises a long the way
- Celebrate life and all the great things that make my life so special
- Not think about work
- Spoil myself
New York has special meaning to me. I have had some of the best times in my life in New York and celebrated every imaginable occasion.
It's a city that I love and I could not think of a better place to be in or bunch of people to celebrate life with.