The one thing your marketing agency should want to do with you
Quite often clients thank me for the fact that we don't treat clients like a number and are not hard and fast on anything other than results. It's not only heart warming to hear but it also is a reassurance that we have the right company culture, passionate people and values that are aligned.
The "one thing" that all companies want with a marketing agency is a partnership. Now, many companies use this word loosely but it really comes down to every aspect of how you work with your clients.
Some tips that I espouse on new members of the team in our marketing agency in Melbourne:
- Treat clients like friends without "oversharing"
- Always do the right thing even if it means that you have to go out of your way
- Be respectful with their time as much as your own
- Collaborate and share ideas with clients
- Ensure that your values are aligned to your clients (and that doesn't mean who you vote for politically)
- Show empathy and compassion. If they are doing it tough, be there for them
- Listen and learn from what they share
- Show kindness and an appreciation for the fact that without your client, you may not have a job
- Share in the marketing and branding experience with your client and ask them insights into their business
- Be prepared to have their back.
We are blessed to have incredible clients that are true partners in marketing. - something every marketing agency should have.