Improved brand presence and more sales
What companies want is improved brand presence and more sales, and that use to come from agencies who were able to attract the best staff and have the most experience. Now, startups are attracting the talent because people want a new working environment and it's cooler to work in a startup than it is for an established business. Also, if you can get bonuses or a piece of the action, that accounts for more than a brand name to your resume.
A startup company can literally build a piece of technolgoy that can tap into an already established (open source) social network API, and immediately have access to the audience that is ready to buy.
Scrape your database
If you scrape people that are seeking to buy a car for instance, they often have done searches and checked out a bunch of websites, perhaps and asking their own social network for ideas on how to get the best price, or in some cases which car to buy from.
A little scrape of the internet and boom, you have 10,000 people in a geographic region, in the demographic you are looking for, all captured in one lead pool, and you can commence your marketing campaign accordingly.
Big is now little
What big advertising agency is nimble enough to do that? Very few I am afraid.
Off-shore websites are a big thing, but they lack creativity, insights and thought. Having your website developed by a company that simply off-shores, often results in you having a website that doesn't do the things that you had hoped it would do.
Working with a flexible, nimble agency full of enthusiasm and know-how, and a little tenacity to bend the rules and basics, to perform something that is going to be a game-changer in your business.
The biggest benefits in working for startup or smaller agencies that invest in knowledge and technology include:
- Out-performing your competitor becomes a click of the button
- Knowing what you competitor is doing on a marketing and content front becomes easy and allows you to differentiate yourself fast and efficiently
- Going to market with new campaigns isn't a month-long ordeal - simply a few hours and off you go
- Technology is the kingpin - and the use of technology and algorithms that help you connect with millions of customers fast is a sure way to increase your sales
- Technology often does all the work with your sales team only needed for the face to face or telephone call for the ultimate close
- Save money, time and hassle of going to market slower, with more 'show' and less output.
I'm a firm believe in sticking with innovative marketing companies and people that are on your same page. The more you invest in knowledge and innovation, the more opportunities that come across your path. In our Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne offices, we are spending today and tomorrow working out ways we can innovate more - and I'm sure if you are a marketing company that values technology, you too will be in the same boat.
- She runs an international
- marketing consultancy firm
- that provides small businesses with a marketing
- consultant and in-house team of creative, web development and PR experts. Marketing Eye serves small
- businesses looking for marketing support and management in Atlanta,
- New York marketing company
- Sydney marketing consultants
- Melbourne marketing consultants