5 Top Marketing Bloggers
When you run a business such as mine, it's hard to find time to do everything that you want to do, at the level you would like to do it at. So, I spent some time this morning reading over 50 different marketing blogs and was amazed at the varying levels of content quality.
There have been five writers that have truly stood out in the past few years, and although it would be fair to say that they have the following of the most loyal marketing and entrepreneurial crowd, they also come with thought leadership and strong opinions - which makes for great reading.
If you are anything like me, I bore easily and unless the information - in this case, marketing blogs - are easy to read, then I will simply click off.
This list is from marketing blogs that I do read, and respect. They are writers and curators that stand out from the crowd and are not simply copying someone else's marketing blog with a few text changes. Their material is original, thought provoking and relevant to any marketer or entrepreneur looking to increase their knowledge bank on what marketing techniques and case studies are in the marketplace that they can actually use as 'take home' value.
5 Top Marketing Blogs Worth Reading:
1. Brian Solis: www.briansolis.com
Brian Solis is a digital analyst, anthropologist and futurist, offering insights on disruptive technology and its role in the changing the way we do business and marketing.
- Digital Transformation is About Empathy First and Technology Second
- Curate This! We are the Network Now
- The Sophisticated Marketer's Guide to Thought Leadership
2. Bryan Eisenberg: www.bryaneisenberg.com
Brian Eisenberg is a speaker, author and pioneer of online marketing. His blogs cover persona marketing, search engine strategies and online conversion rates.
- The Stepford Personas: What Lies Beneath?
- Want to Create a Legend?
- What Jeff & Jerry Know About Your Customers
3. Danny Brown: www.dannybrown.me
Danny Brown writes about marketing and social media, but he also emphasises writing about being human, and how we can better ourselves in people, life and business.
- Is it Time to Trade Your Blog for a Newsletter?
- Of Gratitude and Recollection on Remembrance Day
- Why Context Marketing is Nothing New
4. Scott Brinker: www.chiefmartec.com
Scott Brinker shares the latest on marketing technology, and its role in changing all aspects of marketing and business.
- If a 173-year-old public company can digitally transform, what's your excuse?
- 6 questions with the most active VC in marketing tech
- The Frame and the Field: the art of making marketing technology decisions
5. Ann Handley: www.marketingprofs.com
Ann Handley is the Chief Content Officer of MarketingProfs, and she provides valuable content covering B2B Marketing, the latest in Marketing News, Branding and Content.
- The Future of B2B Marketing: Predictions From 31 Pros
- This Writing GPS Helps You Create Ridiculously Good Content
- Sprinklr Acquires Branderati: Why You Should Care
Subscribe to their RSS feeds and enjoy coffee with your online marketing newspaper!