10 Websites That Are Guaranteed To Make You More Creative
It's a strange phenomena to think that we have two sides of our brain that decipher information in two inherently different ways.
The left side is logical, analytical and objective, whereas the right side is intuitive, thoughtful and subjective. With the latter being the one credited to creativity; some of us are fortunate enough to play in a creative field where idea generation, designs and looking to the future are all part of the parcel.
When I eventually moved into my own self appointed creative role, I flourished. At least, I thought I did. I love every single minute of sitting with designers, web developers and technology experts, created the next best thing for Marketing Eye or our clients.
"If everyone is walking one way, walk the other"
Having creativity is critical to solving problems in all parts of our lives.
For inspiration, I check out Ted Talks, surf the net, push myself to do things that I would not normally do, read, throw caution into the wind, stand up, sit down, play around, talk to people, spend time alone and in general, I try to be more open and aware.
Here are 10 websites that inspire me - everytime.
3. Behance - My personal favorite - lots of designs of brands, business cards, brochures and just about anything and anywhere that your brand will be experienced
4. The Inspiration Room - I was exposed to The Inspiration Room when it launched and I have to say, even today its still relevant
5. Moo - Amazing what sounds can inspire. Moo is just a great place to sit, dream and fall in love with what others have to say and design
6. Pinterest - The world is your oyster and from a creative perspective, Pinterest is too.
7. Design Fridge - The English got this one right. Creative, inspiring and a tad English.
8. Smashing Magazine - Great read and lots of design that will help you "smash it" when it comes to creating your next big idea
9. Web Creme - online creativity for those rustling to build a new mobile website
10. Arch Daily - creating spaces that are livable, dream-able and fluid.
If you don't go away inspired after this, nothing is going to help you be more creative! ;-)