Keep true to yourself, no matter what.
The adventures of the past few weeks have been absolutely phenomenal. Through travel and meeting people, my vision for work and life has become so clear that I literally cannot sleep with anticipation.
My life is full, but we all know that we should leave some room for the unknown. If we don't, something may pass us by that is a once in a lifetime opportunity, or something that we will never get back.
I've always been spontaneous, and lately it's been more and more obvious. My desire to live this life to its fullest and savour every single moment of every day, staying present when perhaps in the past, I would not have.
Doubled the businesses revenue
I sat for a brief moment with my internal accountant on Friday and she said "you know our business has doubled." Of course I kind of knew that, but we have a number of entities, so it's sometimes harder to keep up, and I don't always think of them as one.
What that made me think, is that I am doing something right. The systems, processes and people choices are getting better. I am getting smarter, through my experiences at what I do, and I work "on" the business, not "in" the business.
Haters gonna hate
The more exposure you get in business when you work in an industry such as mine, the more knocks you get. "Haters are gonna hate" as my US team would say. My skin is so much thicker than it was 2 years ago, and I am more confident today than ever before.
Something gives me a spring in my step that I can't explain, knowing that I am forging ahead down a path that I am destined to go.
My life will continue to expand and with it people will come and go. I know that I have a greater destiny to help people reach their life goals and deliver them with experiences that they remember long after they have crossed my path.
Believe in yourself
Everyday I aim to encourage our team, my friends and family to believe in themselves and their life goals.
Some lessons that I have learned this week:
- If nothing changes, nothing changes.
- Giving is much better than receiving.
- Keep true to your values, no matter what.
- Allow yourself to experience things that give you faith that the best is yet to come.
- People move on, and the best thing you can do is let them go. You've helped them in some way, and one day they will look back and appreciate that, or maybe they won't. Who cares.
- Don't waste a second of your life. People are dying every second, and many of them don't plan to die at that moment. You never know what is going to happen in life and if you waste a moment on something not worth wasting it on... that's not the smartest thing.
- Always plan. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. But more than that, if you don't have a plan in place, how do you reach your goals? How do you do the hard work or execute on what you need to, if you don't know what it is?
- Living is breathing. Learn to breathe and even when you think you have run out of breathe.
- Sometimes you have to make sacrifices to live this one life to its fullest. Those sacrifices are small in comparison to regret or missing out on something that you were meant to do, be or have.
- Love is and always will be the most important thing in life. Never put it second.
I am ready to tackle the next phase of life. I have a smile on my face. I am as busy as hell but I know that I have room for anything that may pop up. And most importantly, I am going to do whatever it takes to make my mark on helping others in whatever way I can - because that is what I am meant to do.