I've been over the moon happy this week with so many things in my life. I am stronger than ever, more capable then before and I have the best business imaginable - for me. What more can you ask for?
My friends and I are generally a bunch of deep individuals. Rather than have flowery conversations, we usually make them have a bit of substance.
They always say that if you put out into the universe what you want, you will get it. I have written lots of lists over the years, none have really come true, but you know what - you never know which list may just change that outcome for you.
Here's my list of the 10 things I want in a man and in red the things I will do to support him in this way:
- Charismatic: This I am sure gets me into trouble as the more they are charismatic, the more they tend to be able to pull the wool over your eyes. Most narcissists are charismatic too - so surely I could have learned from this one, but seemingly not. I want a man who holds his own and has presence. He can walk into a room and I know that he is there. I will support him and appreciate him for who he is and what he offers the world. I will never look down on the fact that he draws attention to himself either in a good way or a bad way. I will always just be there, helping him be the best version of himself.
- Attractive: What I deem is attractive may not be the same as what you deem as attractive. I have found a few supermodels in magazines that fit my description, but I usually fall in love with the short, bald, unattractive guy that no-one else wants. So, I guess, attractive means different things to different people. I will dress up for him every day and never let myself go. I want to be the best version of myself physically and mentally - without the help of a surgeon or injection.
- In control: My friends said a strong "no" to this one, but what I mean by in control is someone who isn't waiting for another to make a decision and can be a man; book a restaurant without consultation etc. I will reward him for his manliness and ability to make decisions and take control.
- Loves me more than anything. Need I say more? I don't mean someone who puts their kids last, but someone who really, truly loves me and everything that extends from there is a sign of the strength and commitment we have in our relationship. I will love him more than anything in the world and show him that every single day without exception.
- Romantic: Who doesn't want someone who writes the odd love letter or does something just because they are thinking of you? In return, I too will be romantic and think about him when he least expects it. It may be an odd love letter in his briefcase, or a gift just because I am thinking of him. I will appreciate everything he does and in return be loving and romantic back.
- Lives in multiple countries/cities or is happy to travel. I have come to terms with the fact that this is who I am and I am now very comfortable with this being the true me. Like it or hate it, I love to travel and travelling with someone you love makes it all the better. I will travel with him in partnership. Need I say more?
- Puts me first: not last. You know that so many people cannot get past what they want or even consider another when they make decisions. I can think of nothing more exciting than considering another person first, and vice-versa. Isn't that what love really is? I will always put him and his needs first even when sometimes I may not feel like doing so. I know that relationships are give and take.
- Intelligent: If they are not intelligent then I would probably get bored. The more the nerd the better. I will not only be proud to be with such an intelligent man, I will also constantly improve my own knowledge so that I am always bringing something to the table.
- Witty: Can make me think about what they are saying so I have to lift to answer back, or at least makes me laugh. Belly laughs preferrably. I will appreciate his ability to be witty and step up to ensure that we both challenge each other's wit and keep each other on our toes.
- Kind to everyone, thoughtful, generous, compassionate and above all, able to show these things in their everyday life. I will be kind, generous, thoughtful, compassionate, loving and above all else, constantly understanding where other parties are coming from, to everyone in your life and that may cross our joint paths.
Writing these 10 points down and then following it through with what I bring to the table for a person who can offer me this, makes me feel warm in the tummy. What a wonderful world we would live in if everyone could do this? Write down what you want, or what you have, and how you can empower the person you are with, or may be with in the future to live the best life possible.
- She runs an international
- marketing consultancy firm
- that provides small businesses with a marketing
- consultant and in-house team of creative, web development and PR experts. Marketing Eye serves small
- businesses looking for marketing support and management in Atlanta,
- New York marketing company
- Sydney marketing consultants
- Melbourne marketing consultants