How Startup Grind was the best platform to get our business off to a flying start
So many businesses do this, but forget to tell everyone. Quite often they book themselves into conferences ahead of time, only to realise that they aren't quite ready.
It's a common mistake, but it doesn't have to be if you do a few things right.
Marketing Eye attended Startup Grind last week, and we did so with amazing success. Here are a few things that we did that really got out name out there:
- Engaged with the conference from the moment we walked in. Like any half decent marketing professionals, we were taking pictures, tweeting, Instagramming, Facebooking and talking our way through the conference from start to finish.
- We didn't try and sell anyone on our services, but we made some great connections who by the way, asked if they could talk to us about marketing.
- We ensured that every tweet and social media post had the company, person and conference tagged.
- Listening is always a good thing, and we took lots of notes from keynote speakers. We also tweeted some really great quotes that were retweeted by not only the speakers and sponsors, but also attendees.
- The event hashtag is powerful, so if you put it into social media, you can connect with others at the conference and start the conversation.
- Our marketing executive and visual marketer participated. That means they chatted to everyone that had a stand, networked (without selling), and entered in a prize draw (which they won!!!).
- Robotic Marketer is about to raise capital, so we made sure we connected with and tweeted to every VC in the room. This was a no-brainer. We also started twitter conversations with them.
- We would like to work with one of the sponsors, and knew this before we arrived, so we made sure that our social media was engaging to them, and you wouldn't believe it, but they retweeted our tweets, and all of a sudden our brand was on their twitter feed over and over again.
- The star of the show started a Twitter dialogue with us!
We only paid for our tickets but walked away inspired, more connected and winners!