It's down to the business end of the year. Here's my big plan.
At Marketing Eye this month is crazy. There is an abundance of inquiries from companies that are looking to excelerate their sales performance in the 2015/16 financial year and to achieve that, they know they need a strategic marketing plan in place.
I like many business owners am updating my business plan to accomodate some changes in the business. Rather than work as one, we are going to segment our different divisions and start focusing on our media components, technology, licensing and education separate to our outsourced marketing offering. This is game-changing because previously, this was mainly an add on sale. Now they are business units that have their own financial accountability.
Marketing Eye's focus is on achieving:
- 116 new clients per office
- Open 20 new offices through licensing ($300,000 minimum revenues in each)
- Open 8 new company owned offices in US and Europe ($1,000,000 revenue in each from startup to 1 year)
- 500 entrepreneurs and marketers through our education program
- 50 software sales packages
- Marketing Eye's Magazine to go from quarterly to bi-monthly by end of financial year
From a management perspective, my focus is on:
- Focusing on leadership
- Work "on" the business not "in" the business
- Reduce travel to quarterly trips for 10 days each
- Write content for education, sharing my knowledge with the team in a formal way
- Produce 2 books over 12 months
- Invest in our people
Running a multifaceted business can be distracting. One minute you have one hat on and another, you have to take it off and place a beanie on. It's that diverse. Breaking up what time frame will be spent on each area of the business is imperative to the company achieving its goals.
We are focused on an eight-figure revenue goal for 2015/16 which is a jump from where we are. Our business is more real than ever before and I am finding myself constantly being surprised by how much we all have grown as a team in the past 18 months. Every person has stepped up and is enjoying the fruits of a challenging and creative job that is everchanging.
This journey of business growth is something that I am not doing alone. My remarkably talented team that keeps pushing forth and conquering goals with remarkable strength are really the best in the game. They are constantly pushing the envelope and producing work of a very high standard.
So, here's to 2015/16. The world is our oyster. The plan is in place. Now we just have to do it.