The Toren – the perfect jet lag haven in Amsterdam
I had heard about The Toren Amsterdam, a luxury, boutique hotel in the centre of Amsterdam on the famous Keizersgracht canal. When their tag line says “designed to charm” they were very serious on making sure that every visitor feels extra special. I was no different.
As I walked into the hotel, I realised one thing – this is no ordinary boutique hotel. Every single detail has been thought through. So, when Roxanne checked me in, she talked on her own travels to Australia, and how much she loved the country. Instantly, she had my attention.
Customer service is everything to The Toren, you won't have a bad experience
Roxanne also made me feel very welcome. She invited me to have breakfast and try their coffee. She made no preconceived expectations on what the coffee would be like and in fact, said that many Australian’s do not like European coffee. You can understand then how surprised I was by the perfect skim latte, served to perfection.
After breakfast, they assured me that they would find the earliest possible room that was available. Minutes later, they had a room for me. Not just any room. Walking in was like experiencing another world. I immediately put my handbag down and breathed in this magnificent, adventurous room. For a moment, I was a bit disappointed that it was only me that would experience such beauty.
Luxury, designer with 17th Century architecture throughout
From a luxurious spa bath, large enough for a party, to the perfect architecture from the 17th Century, and chandeliers sitting perfectly over a four post bed with burlesque inspired linen print.
I took my shoes off and laid down on the bed. It’s comfortable setting was enough to make me want to go to sleep, but that was not possible, as I had a meeting. After freshing up, with every amenity possible, I took off to see my new recruit.
The Toren Hotel Amsterdam is extra special:
· Each room is individually designed to perfection. You won’t get a room that isn’t just right.
· The reception team are charming and ever accommodating – only too happy to make sure your stay is as pleasurable as possible.
· Breakfast is like fine-dining. The eggs are delicious, and the selection of European foods is to die for. The croissants are the best – just ask any local.
· Before heading to dinner, you would be missing out on one of Amsterdam’s best mixologist for gin and tonic I have ever experienced. The bar is stocked with a huge variety of gin; Bloomsbury London Tanqueray, London’s Bombay, Girvan Scotland’s Hendrick’s, Dutch Bobby’s, Dutch VL-92, Schwarzwald Germany Monkey 47, Isle of Islay Scotland, The Botanist and Catz Dry Gin. You can choose from sweet, sour, savoury or spicy. I chose to spice it up! Be served by an exceptionally good looking Kevin, who is accommodating to your every desire when it comes to gin.
· Location is king. The Toren Amsterdam has a great location, central to everywhere you would want to go.
· Rooms are affordable and more stylish than the “trendy” options that are available. They start at around 185 Euro weekdays. Also, they are rated number one on Trip Advisor for service.