A marriage proposal on Valentine's Day... I can't believe it!
But thus is the world of business. Marriage proposals come and go all the time. They usually come in the form of a business partnership or alliance agreement with a third party, but seldom come together how they should. Divorce rate is high. Satisfaction rate is low. Maintenance is often forgotten. Celebration falls to the way-side.
When the marriage is a business investor, it gets even more tricky. You really don't want to divorce until the pre-nup comes into play and is realised and you definately don't want someone walking away with more money than they should or worse still - losing it all.
How do you make the most of a marriage proposal? What should you look out for?
1. Is it a good fit? Do they have the right values?
2. Culturally, are you on the same page?
3. Financially, will it benefit you?
4. Is it a win-win scenario or is it swaying too far in one direction?
5. How many marriages do you need to be successful?