5 Ways to start afresh in 2017
We only live once and we all spend so much time at work, that we don't always get the time to reflect on how we can do things better or improve our own outcomes.
I have dreams for my company and my team. I want for them to be healthy, happy and live a balanced life. Rarely does anyone do overtime - as it isn't in our culture. People are encouraged to live a balanced life and many of our team do just that, which makes me incredibly happy. However, we can always improve what we do and how we do it.
I don't get back into the office until Monday, but here are a few things I will be doing in 2017:
- Improving the workplace environment by looking from the outside in and inside out. People have desks and sometimes we become so complacent if we don't move around a little. Many productive workspaces have hot desks and yet we haven't quite achieved that. It certainly is something on the agenda.
- Give employees the chance to be boss for a day and be empowered to make decisions. There is 'no real boss' at Marketing Eye as we have a flat organisational structure, but I am sure if people were empowered to be a boss they would inspire positive change. Let's see what they come up with.
- Be healthy, happy and believe in positivity. Give your colleagues, employees and friends some slack. You never know what is happening behind what you see. Always focus on seeing the best in people and give them every opportunity to succeed.
- Ask people in your team to 'bring something to the table' and encourage them to participate actively in decision making.
- Take a day off for 'me' time or just to put yourself in another environment to think about how you can do things better and get the most out of life.
I am so excited by the year ahead. When I discuss it with people, they are exhausted. I am doing a lot but it is well worth it. I've never worked a day in my life and that is something I treasure dearly.
Here's to 2017! Let's make it huge!