5 tips to improve your marketing strategies
No matter how big or small your business is, a well-developed marketing strategy can go a long way in turning your brand into a successful one. But in today’s competitive world, how do you get your brand’s marketing strategy to stand out from that of your competitors? Do you think you’re doing enough but still don’t see the results you desired? If you’ve nodded your head in agreement, then you’re looking for something more than just a basic marketing plan. Worry not. We’ve got you covered.
Here are 5 important tips that can help improve your marketing strategies.
- Include Clear Call-To-Actions: Your first important task is to lay down clear goals and objectives that you want from your marketing strategy– be it to drive sales or simply drive awareness, make sure your end result is visible to your audience. For example, if you’re looking for your audience to watch and follow your YouTube channel, mention it loud and clear. If your products are on huge discounts, add the discount call-out and its validity. Compel your audience to want to know more and follow-through.
- Be present on different platforms: Your audience is everywhere and being there at the right place and the right time is a brilliant method to scale your business. Reach your target audience across platforms – be it through social media, email marketing, newsletters, blogs, online forums, websites and more. Ensure you mark your presence on any marketing touchpoint you may have access to because you never know, there’s always someone looking for a service or product that you’re offering.
- Keep a close eye on KPIs: Your Key Performing Indicators (KPIs) will help you identify and analyse any problem areas in your action plans. Keeping a close eye with regular checks will help you understand what’s working and what’s not. This will help you plan and revise your existing strategies to be more efficient and deliver better results. Pro-tip: Trying and testing new methods is an excellent marketing technique to grow.
- Analyse competition: If you really want to stand out, you’ve got to delve deeper. Keep an eye on what your competition is up to from afar. Be it on social media or a new email marketing campaign, never miss out on what your competitors are doing. For all you know, your competitors are watching you closely too! Run a competitor analysis fortnightly to see how far you’ve come, check their websites, their follower count on social media, and how consistent they are with publishing their content.
- Be consistent – Never give up! Just like how Rome was not built in a day, your marketing strategies will take their own sweet time to deliver the results you desire. Being consistent and persistent is the key. If you’re trying to build awareness of your brand or product on social media platforms, maintain a content calendar and post quality content regularly. If you’re building a database of consumers via email marketing, send out newsletters at regular intervals so your consumers know you’re active and out there. Staying consistent gives you the opportunity to learn more about your consumers and their needs, times when they’re active the most, and what they’re looking for. Staying consistent builds trust, credibility and awareness for your brand.
Bonus Tip: If you’ve made it this far, then here’s a special bonus tip for you.
Customer testimonials and feedback – To add more trust and reliability to your brand, get customers who have engaged with your brand to leave a review. Be it on google, your social media or your website, make sure you add positive reviews in multiple places. Don’t forget to reply to positive ones with gratitude and leave a sense of empathy for the negative ones. You can always give a little incentive to those who leave a review. For example – here’s a 5% discount on your next purchase if you leave us a review.
So, there you go! Remember, marketing is an ever-evolving, constantly changing field so test, test, test whilst setting clear goals and engaging with your audience. Whether you choose to employ all of these tips or even one of them, go with an open mind as there’s always something new to learn.
Image Source: Shutterstock