The Top 21 Marketing Statistics You Need to Know For 2021
Marketing is constantly changing. It's vital for your company to stay updated with industry advances. Keeping an eye on marketing data is an efficient method to stay relevant and up to date with the newest marketing trends, while keeping your sales pipeline healthy and your brand within the consideration set of your customers. To help you connect with your consumers, reach your target audience, and enhance conversions, we've provided our list of the most topical marketing statistics for 2021, whether you're focused on SEO, content marketing, social media, lead generation, advertising, or marketing technology.
Learn our top 21 stats for 2021.
- Only 61% of marketers believe their marketing strategy is effective. (HubSpot)
Marketing strategy aids in the discovery of areas affected by organisational growth and, as a result, aids in the development of an organisational plan to meet customer expectations. Therefore, an effective marketing strategy will help your company develop.
- 80% of marketers report their lead generation efforts are only slightly or somewhat effective. (BrightTALK)
Marketers have an additional hurdle in lead generation when they fail to track and optimise every stage of the consumer journey.
- 42% of B2B marketing professionals state that a lack of quality data is their biggest barrier to lead generation. (BrightTALK)
The modern customer experience is fragmented across multiple channels, making a complete overview of the customer journey impossible to obtain. Marketers can make smarter adjustments with high-quality call tracking data that integrates the customer experience.
- Only 22% of businesses are satisfied with their conversion rates. (Source: Econsultancy)
Leads can often fall through the gaps if marketers aren't completely prepared to handle them. Sales teams may use conversation intelligence solutions to gain visibility into contact centre engagement and explore new revenue opportunities.
Search engine optimization
- Approximately 64% of marketers dedicate time to search engine optimisation. (HubSpot)
SEO helps you rank higher in search results and gain greater online visibility, increasing the likelihood that potential customers will visit your site and convert.
- According to a Databox survey, 70% of respondents believe SEO is more effective than PPC at generating sales. (Databox)
SEO is a strategy for increasing a website's organic traffic by improving its visibility and authority. Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, aims to attract traffic through carefully designed and targeted advertisements in search engines, social media sites, and other prominent online locations.
- The least popular type of signup form, landing pages, has the highest conversion rate of 24%. While popups, the most widely used signup method, have the second-lowest conversion rate at 4%. (Omnisend)
The more dynamic the sign-up form, the better, as gamified Wheel of Fortune also had a higher conversation rate (12.74%) then popups with.
- According to a 2019 study, search traffic generated 65% of total e-commerce sessions, 33% was generated through organic search, and 32% was generated through paid search. (Statista)
SEO Campaigns should be set up with website analysis, content duplicity checks, backlinks analysis, mobile usability check, competitive analysis, keyword search and keyword strategy.
- In 2020, 89% of content marketers used blog posts in their content creation strategy. (Content Marketing Institute)
Blogging is an excellent approach for your business to gain credibility and awareness in your industry, regardless of how big the business is. Potential consumers will be able to recognise the expertise and experience you have obtained in your sector when you provide material that is viewed as important and professional.
- Search is the number one traffic source to blogs across all industries. (SEMrush, 2019)
- The top-performing articles in the marketing industry are over 5,700 words in length. (SEMrush, 2019)
Even today, blogging is a very practical and successful medium for creating content and growing an internet business.
- Articles that are >3,000 words get 3x more traffic, 4x more shares, and 3.5x more backlinks than shorter articles. (SEMrush, 2019)
- Compared to other blog post formats, Listicles get 2x more shares. (SEMrush, 2019)
An advantage of listicles is that they are excellent at categorising information. The human brain enjoys seeing logical progression and orderly organisation. A listicle gives the reader a definite category to wrap their minds around, whereas a regular news piece just gives the reader a clue of what to expect.
- 51% of companies stated updating old content has proven the most efficient tactic implemented. (SEMrush, 2019)
You can enable Google to crawl your site more regularly without having to post new content by upgrading old information. The more Google crawls your site, the more probable it is that your most recent content will appear in search results shortly after it is published, giving you a competitive advantage in search engine results ranks.
- 55% more traffic is attracted when websites have a blog (Quick Sprout)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) In 2020, the global artificial intelligence (AI) software market is expected to grow approximately 154% year-over-year. (Statista, 2020)
AI can help Examine the advantages and disadvantages of each competitor in relation to your company while establishing an edge over competition by discovering gaps in the market that may be optimised.
- 37% of organizations have implemented AI in some form. (Gartner, 2019)
- Chatbots driven by AI are predicted to manage 85% of customer service. (Innovation Enterprise, 2019)
- As of 2020, there are 2.6 billion monthly active Facebook users. (Statista) with 8 million active advertisers, the vast majority of which are small and medium-sized businesses. (Facebook Insights, 2020)
With such a large user base, utilising Facebook can help you create an avenue to accessing a huge market audience
- In 2019, LinkedIn InMail was the third most-used candidate outreach channel globally, after email and phone/ text. (Statista)
Your business can generate leads using LinkedIn, LinkedIn Recruiter, LinkedIn Sales Navigator and LinkedIn Helper, and improve brand awareness across each of the platforms
- Instagram is the social channel with the second-highest ROI among marketers. (HubSpot, 2020) with 35% of global Instagram audiences between the ages of 25 and 34. (Statista, 2020)
Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms in the world, with over one billion monthly active users. Instagram keeps releasing tools to help business owners succeed, from gathering data to selling products. Businesses can advertise products and services, build their brand, and increase sales on Instagram with the correct marketing approach.