2016 has been a phenomenal year for me personally. I have rose to a height that I didn't realize possible. I shed the clutter and the noise, to focus and it worked. I gave more meaning to my purpose and I started to challenge with confidence what impact we all are having on the world. I also decided to stand up and take responsibility for the world's problems - as it is everyone's problem, not just the place where it all seems to be at.
To that end, I picked an area that I could have the most impact in, and put my money where my mouth is. I also dedicated more than six (6) months fulltime on charity in the form of the not-for-profit, The World Incubator, to create change, provoke a new way of thinking in rural and regional communities, and brought all my team at Marketing Eye on that journey. We all became curious about what was possible and how we can play a pivotal role in shifting what existed to open up to new and more innovative ways to impact communities that are struggling.
it has been exciting, hard work, unsettling and at times, it has tested my ability to keep on the path. But I have come through, and I am at the other end with change imminent. In fact, I have, with the help of my team, changed the lives of a number of people. My goal was to change just one. If only, that could happen, the affect would cause movement. It's been more than one; it's been five extraordinary people that I will join on a journey to creating jobs, a more positive community and new role models in places you wouldn't imagine. Possibly, through the movement, there have been more, and as people discuss, share and explore their own potential, they will create a domino affect that will help our goals be reached.
Having a deeper discussion on how to live out your purpose, and allowing it to unfold in a mysterious and surprising way, that is unforced, will help you work out where you are going. You need to be curious, enjoy the process and marvel in life's richness.
Another year is almost upon us and I am asking myself the same questions that I asked last year; Where am I going and why am I going there?
- Continue to build The World Incubator into a more regional based virtual incubator model to support those in rural and remote communities. They too have great business ideas and an ability to build big businesses, and need the support of mentors, business coaches, marketers, legal and finance.
- Travel to places I have never been and have experiences that I never thought I would have. Mixing life up a bit is a luxury, and I tend to learn the most about myself by putting myself out of my comfort zone.
- Spend more quality time with those who are my equals and deserve and appreciate my time. Equals means people with similar values and whom place an emphasis in every relationship on integrity.
- Invest in family and having a family of my own. I'm a grown up and it's time to dedicate my time and effort into what is ultimately the most important thing in life.
- Tick off my bucket list; there are still a few things I haven't done.
- Learn how to juggle all my different business interests and ensure that no business is running with less than 20 percent profitability.
- Innovate and stretch the imaginations of the industry I have spent the past 25 years in: marketing
- I find without purpose I have nothing. I walk around without the power to create or change anything. Having a list of things to tick off helps keep the focus.
- Live is for living and I am as determined as ever to live life to the fullest.
- Being challenged is part of life's parcel. If we don't experience that, we would not feel as good about hitting a home run.
- You never know what life is going to bring, and being prepared for anything and everything, yet realising that you don't have all the answers helps keep the journey on the road, and less off.
I truly feel empowered by what is possible. Everyday something amazing happens in my life and I really cannot believe that it is me living in my own shoes. 'Amazing' just like 'Success' means so many different things to different people. For me, making someone smile and realising that you played a part may be 'amazing' or signing a new client. Success is only by my own definition and in some ways I can say that I feel I have definitely moved closer, but I still have a long way to go... and that keeps me interested.
- She runs an international
- marketing consultancy firm
- that provides small businesses with a marketing
- consultant and in-house team of creative, web development and PR experts. Marketing Eye serves small
- businesses looking for marketing support and management in Atlanta,
- New York marketing company
- Sydney marketing consultants
- Melbourne marketing consultants