Christmas gifts for clients and staff
Unlike many people, I never expect anything in return except perhaps a thank you, but even then, sometimes people say it inside their heads when they mean to say it out loud. Giving a gift is a gift in itself. To be able to provide the unexpected, with kindness and love in your heart is something we all should appreciate.
With a business our size, we have always been reluctant to celebrate Christmas. With varying religious beliefs from a wide variety of clients, we find that often there is a feeling of our hands being tied.
In our own offices, we have everyone from Muslim and Greek Orthordox to Jewish and Catholic. It's confusing to say the least.
However, we want people to know we care and that they are extra special.
I surprised everyone in my Melbourne office with small gifts today to say thank you. Don't worry other offices, your turn is coming I promise.
As they opened their gifts, we talked about what we wanted to give our clients and friends and a few ideas popped into our heads:
- Candles by Inoko: They come in a range of different designs and are the perfect gift for men and women.
- Wine: My preference is really anything from Penfolds or if you have a chance to head down to the cellar door for Fifth Chapter, they have the most amazing range ever.
- Champagne: Beautifully presented champagne is always a winner.
- Silk pillow slips: Love Silk has brought out the most amazing range of silk pillow cases. Not only are they healthier to sleep on and they keep your hair looking beautiful, they are also an interior designers favourite.
- Skincare and beauty treatments: My Botique has the best gift range ever, and their selection will definitely fit any female or male wanting to be pampered or to look their best over Christmas.
- Browco has gift vouchers that can ensure your friend or loved one has 12 months supply of beautiful eyebrows - one less thing to think about. Or if they prefer, check out their lush eyelashes for a sexier look.
- Aromababy is one of Australia's biggest success stories in beauty products. Check out what they have on offer and find a pharmacy near you that stocks their goods. Beautiful gifts. I use their lip balm every day.
- Smythson of Bond Street Diary is something that a dear friend buys me each year. I am totally in love with it.
- Sophie Moran Inc has the most stunningly designed and on-trend sweaters and tees. I personally own more than 20 - so that is saying something!
- Give to a charity. The World Incubator funds startups which is a good cause, but there are plenty of others out there. Minddog is another charity that is really important as it helps people with mental health issues. Donate on http://minddog.org.au/donate/
- Did you capture a moment in time with your camera or iphone? If so, buy a beautiful frame and put the picture that says a thousand words in it for a friend or loved one.
- For the man in your life who doesn't mind a punt, why not buy him some credit on Crownbet. You will make him the envy of everyone.
- Books. You can never go wrong.
This Christmas, don't think about how much, but instead think of the meaning of gift giving. I personally prefer someone's time, rather than any gift and to share a moment in time.
P.S. Check out the amazing branding from Lisa O'Keeffe and her team at Marketing Eye with Inoko Candles. They are absolutely beautiful.