I ran through my new entrepreneurial venture, and he said "you are always confident". Hell yeah! Of course I am confident that it will be successful otherwise I wouldn't be doing it. And on top of that, that same confidence is why other people become confident in the same things as I do. They "buy" into the confidence and the self-belief and that is exactly why some businesses get off the ground and others don't.
A startup is a scary world to be in, but if you worry about all the things that could possibly go wrong, you literally wouldn't get out of bed in the morning. In fact, you probably wouldn't get the idea off the ground because you would be stuck in the "what if's".
If everyone was the same, then there would be no new businesses and no disruptive companies. In fact, there wouldn't be any business at all.
I have an innate ability to think that anything and everything is possible. Even if you don't know all the answers, and we never do, we still can believe that it is possible that someone out there can join our team with the answers or at the very least give it a go and see what happens from there.
Success breeds success. I say that with absolute confidence. I knew it the moment I realised that my business was a success, and the on-flow from that. All of a sudden I expanded the business, then I started new ones which complemented the business. In fact, right now, I feel unstoppable and my self-belief in kicking goals and reaching for the stars is quite exhilarating.
Things I never do:
- Second guess myself or those around me on silly little things that don't matter
- Not have a go because I fear failure - instead I embrace it
- Put priorities in place, and then throw them to the way-side because they look too hard
- Stop learning out of fear that I might do something with that new knowledge
- My glass is brimming at the top
- I have a child-like approach to starting something new. I don't know what failure looks like and I don't believe that it is possible (we all know it is - but this mindset works wonders for me)
- I know who my competitors are and what works for them and what doesn't, but I don't sweat over what they are doing. In fact, I am all about leading the way and innovating where they are busy sitting at the back of the bus
- Share my story, warts and all
- I am determined to succeed at everything I touch and will therefore roll my sleeves up if I have to do the hard work, get dirty and then look back at what has been achieved
- I know my priorities and I work at them with military precision
- I never second guess myself, my abilities, or my future.
The world is hard enough to live in without not being confident in your own capabilities. Know "the one thing" that you are good at, and palm the rest off to very capable people. Pretty simple really.
- She runs an international
- marketing consultancy firm
- that provides small businesses with a marketing
- consultant and in-house team of creative, web development and PR experts. Marketing Eye serves small
- businesses looking for marketing support and management in Atlanta,
- New York marketing company
- Sydney marketing consultants
- Melbourne marketing consultants