When I grow up I want to be a 'Marketing Eye'
In the past few days, we have spoken a lot about our licensing model, and why as a company we have chosen to help other marketers become successful through a proven business model. Unlike the business coaching industry, there is more opportunities for marketers to leverage their degrees and experience to leap into the world of marketing entrepreneurship, and in particular, starting their own businesses.
When people leave a job and decide to be a freelancer, it gets really lonely. There is a lot of reinvention that needs to be done and it's scary because you are selling "you". I know what that feels like because at 25 years of age, I was in the same boat - and it is confronting to be putting yourself out there.
It's the technology that will blow your mind
When Marketing Eye decided to license it's business model, systems and processes, we decided to do so with marketers in mind. We even developed our own proprietary technology so that marketers can work harder, faster and smarter. We created a platform whereby marketers can earn more money than they do in corporate, yet work less hours and have a work, life balance - that is often very hard to attain.
Alternatively, they can build a big business, with a proven business model, global brand, media platform and technology that gives their business a point of difference. We have worked out many things about how marketers can do a better job and it has worked wonders in terms of us being able to deliver to a marketer ready to take the leap, something that they can be proud of. They go into the world of entrepreneurship with a sense of knowing that what they can offer a small to medium-sized business is more than any other marketing firm in the world. That in itself is a big call, but if everyone is walking one way, it is so important to walk the other - and that is exactly what Marketing Eye has done.
There are reasons why marketers are on the tip of being ready to be a marketing entrepreneur:
- They love their job and the company they work for and believe that they have done their job in utilising their skills and knowledge to set up a sophisticated marketing team that is ready to have their training wheels taken off;
- Constantly learning new marketing methods and technologies is your passion but you never seem to have the time you would like to spend to do the research and learning you would like to;
- You think that you can always be better at what you do, and you want to explore what is possible;
- Life is one big adventure. It's a long distance race. You want to be challenged and are ready for the ups and downs of business;
- Your current role is defining you and you cannot be put into a box;
- There is so much you don't know about marketing, that you want to, and you realise you need more time in your life to achieve this;
- Your salary is capped and you want that cap to be taken off;
- You want to play with the big boys, and being in your current position restricts you from doing that;
- Giving back is important to you and by working with small to medium-sized businesses, you feel as though you can give back through your skills and knowledge to help these businesses be more successful;
- You only live once, and it's now or never...
- She runs an international
- marketing consultancy firm
- that provides small businesses with a marketing
- consultant and in-house team of creative, web development and PR experts. Marketing Eye serves small
- businesses looking for marketing support and management in Atlanta,
- New York marketing company
- Sydney marketing consultants
- Melbourne marketing consultants