How I see it though, may be a little different to most. Here we have an amazing athlete who through talent, hard work, determination and ambition became one of the most famous and well-respected cricketers of all time. He made some serious money and invested well in property and other interests. He has used his profile to his advantage to make money and build an even larger brand awareness through multiple markets around the world. He has stood out from the crowd.
Then of course, we have the high profile 'downs' with women outside of his marriage. At the end of the day, I think most people forgive people in this situation because it is none of our business what he does and what his wife chooses to accept or not accept. I suppose more sympathy may be given to his wife, had she not continually sold stories to magazines and tried to gain fame out of her bustup with Shane Warne. But she did and continues to sell stories on the back of her relationship with Shane Warne and pose for social pages in bikini's, so I suppose the sympathy vote can be revoked. Perhaps she should consider giving some of that money to charity rather than parading for all to see.
But Shane Warne on the other hand has come out of all of this an even bigger star. Yes, he has hooked up with the very beautiful Elizabeth Hurley and you don't have to be a Blind Freddie to know that they are madly in love and choose to be in the relationship. Other than that, he has made significant changes. He looks better, he sounds better and its clear for everyone to see that he is very happy with his life.
What does this mean to small business?
1. When things aren't going to plan - a clean slate may be the best way to reinvent your business and create more opportunities
2. Look the part - if you dress like a slob in business, don't shave and are always tired, then people will think that is what it will be like doing business with you.
3. You are your brand - keep control of it and improve your brand every single day.
4. Communication is key - learn how to communicate what you are selling and your unique point of difference
5. Fresh approach - by having a fresh approach you have in fact created a 'fresh' approach for your clients - remember that.
6. Market yourself and your business - twitter, facebook, in the media - you name it - do it! You don't have to be Shane Warne to be in the papers!